Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Post #4: 2/21/18

Well, the stats on the new blog aren't encouraging. considering I was averaging over 1000 impressions or Tweet-views daily and right now all my readers could fit in my living room. It takes a while to build; I don't even know the stats for my political blog over the first couple of years., and it took a while for my numbers to rise. But as I've said in the past, I'm not in it for the pageviews, although it would be gratifying. There was a time I thought a free blog could build build an audience for a book project; that's not going to happen anytime soon, unless I become an accidental celebrity.

*

It looks like one of the biggest WalMart bargains may be its own stock price which had its biggest drop in years after disappointing financial news.  (I'll probably scoop up some shares, but I'm not in a hurry.)

There are some interesting nuances between WalMart and Sam's Club. I mentioned in an earlier post how dirt cheap eggs were at my local WalMart's, e.g., 50 cents a dozen (for commodity eggs, not premium varieties like cage free, etc.)  WAY CHEAPER than what I saw on my last trip to Sam's Club. And I like a Sam's Choice brand of Brazilian coffee sourced just north of Sao Paulo--the closest I've had to the Brazilian coffee I had on my last trip down there.

Some things on my list to Sam's Club:

  • I've just noticed what they may be doing with leftover rotisserie chickens, at least at my my club. Of course, I usually pick up one of their bargain $5 whole birds. But I found in one of their prepared foods aisle a tray of maybe four generously sized breast portions including a wing for about $4. That'll be dinner for a workweek.
  • They have a store-brand (Member's Mark) jar of olives stuffed with garlic and jalapenos.
  • They sell grass-fed New Zealand lamb at very good prices. Also multiple 1 lb packages of grass-fed ground beef.
  • I can't eat this very often because of carbs, but they offer a twin-pack of frozen wood-fired Margherita pizzas for about $10.
*

Huge kerfuffle today over some Twitter "lockout" which purportedly stripped Russian bot accounts following Trumpkins and conservatives. I probably was called a Russian bot at least a dozen times by "progressives" since the 2016 election. I ended up with something like 74 followers (and lost quite a few over the years. The earliest were usually like minded pro-liberty folks and I think several recent ones were attracted by my open immigration perspective. Definitely not bots.

As I wrote in leaving Twitter: Twitter is not part of the government and is free to discriminate against us.  I do think the sweep did take out real users.